School Hours are 8:10 am – 3:00 pm
Rolling Start is 8:00 am – 8:20 am: We will begin meeting students as early as 8:00 am. Students will be considered tardy after 8:20 am.
K & 1st: 2:45 pm – 2:50 pm
2nd & 3rd: 2:50 pm – 2:55 pm
4th & 5th: 2:55 pm – 3:00 pm
*ALL students must be picked up by 3:00 pm Continue reading Panther Pages, October 16, 2020
GRADUAL RETURN TO IN-PERSON LEARNING
KINDERGARTEN – ALL Kindergarten students are back to school full-time
- School Hours are 8:10 am – 3:00 pm (rolling start is 8:00 am – 8:20 am, which means we will begin meeting students as early as 8:00 am. Our staggered dismissal begins for Kinder at 2:45 pm)
- Specials are from 8:30 am – 9:10 am
- Lunch and Recess are from 12:30 pm – 1:25 pm
Continue reading Friday Folder, October 9, 2020
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, ONLY students, Park Hill staff and DPS maintenance staff will be permitted to enter the school. Parents CANNOT enter the building under any circumstances unless approved by Principal Burdette.
Please expect more communication (email, video, virtual Town Hall meeting), from Principal Burdette before your student’s grade level’s scheduled return. Continue reading Friday Folder, October 2, 2020
Returning to In-Person Learning Safely and Gradually
As we have throughout the pandemic, DPS continues to work closely with health experts and partners at Denver Health and other local and state officials to plan for a safe and gradual return to in-person learning. We encourage you to check back at our Current COVID Conditions and Readiness Indicator website to see data provided directly from Denver Health and updated daily. Continue reading Friday Folder, September 11, 2020
Effective Monday, August 24, DPS Food and Nutrition Services began providing weekday curbside service for breakfast and lunch to DPS students. Meals will be available at (87) schools throughout the district Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. In addition, meals will also be delivered to (16) locations throughout the city.
The most current and up-to-date information will be posted at: www.dpsk12.org/food-distribution
As we transition from summer programming to school year programming, please note the following updates/changes:
- Students do not have to attend the school where they pick up their meals, they may get meals at any school that is providing curbside pickup.
- Adults may pick up meals for DPS students and they must provide a DPS student ID, student name and school.
- Weekend meals will no longer be available (USDA waiver not yet granted).
- Adult meals will no longer be free.
- Non-DPS student meals will no longer be free (USDA waiver not yet granted).
- Breakfast meals remain “no charge” for all DPS students.
- Lunch meals may be free if the family qualifies to receive subsidized meals.
- No DPS student will be denied a meal due to inability to pay; however, charges will accrue to their meal account.
- It is important for all families to complete an application for meal benefits at: https://www.myschoolapps.com/
ANNUAL FAMILY UPDATE – The Annual Family Update (AFU), our online registration process, is now open through Friday, August 21, 2020. Beginning today, July 27, in addition to verifying and updating your student(s) household information, families need to officially enroll your student(s) in your preferred learning option (a 100% virtual program option or an in-person learning option which may include full-time in-person learning or a mix of in-person and remote learning). This process is required and MUST be completed by every family in DPS. As a reminder, all K-12 students will be learning remotely until at least September 8, 2020. Visit www.dpsk12.org/coronavirus/return-2020 for more information about these two options. Please note, the decision to officially enroll in either in-person learning or a virtual program is set through December 2020. If you choose a virtual program, your student will still keep their enrollment spot at the school they were expected to attend for the 2020-21 fall semester.
*Families who participated in the “Early Bird” window of Annual Family Update will not be able to use AFU to select their learning option. Instead, you will need to complete a short registration addendum for each student. The registration addendum will be available as an editable PDF in English and Spanish, as well as a regular PDF in all consent decree languages the week of July 27. Please watch for a central communication with information on how to access the registration addendum. A digital form is also under development and is expected in early August.
In order to participate in the online Annual Family Update, you must have an active DPS Parent Portal Account – click HERE to sign up, or to check that your account is active and ready (you will need your student’s ID number in order to create an account). If you do not know your student’s ID number, you may email Ann Kurth at Ann_Kurth@dpsk12.org.
A link to Annual Family Update is now located directly in the top navigation in the Parent Portal for quick access. Families can also go to the “see all APPS” menu and select the corresponding tile to complete AFU at their earliest convenience.
- If the browser is not working, try another browser (recommended browser to complete the AFU is Google Chrome).
- Answer every question – if you forget to complete something, the system will prevent you from moving forward.
- SAVE, SAVE, SAVE – make sure you are saving multiple times while you are completing the update.
Detailed AFU instructions in English and Spanish