AFTER SCHOOL FALL ENRICHMENT
The last day to register for fall enrichment is Monday, September 17. The following classes still have room:
Please note the following important updates / corrections:
- We are aware that the links in the PDF are not working correctly. Please cut / paste or retype each vendor registration link into your browser.
- Golf Squad (Friday’s) will not have class on 12/7
- Enshin Karate (Friday’s) will not have class on 10/5
Complete and turn in the Release of Liability and Emergency Form to the school office no later than Friday, September 21. Classes will begin the week of September 24 and will end the week of December 3.
All scholarship requests are due in the school office by Friday, September 14. Please remember to register with vendor before submitting your scholarship request.
Contact Doug Aylesworth at Doug_aylesworth@dpsk12.org if you have any questions.
A REMINDER FROM THE LUNCH ROOM
Have you checked your student’s lunch account balance lately? Notes were sent home yesterday to those families who have a balance due in the lunchroom. Please go to myschoolbucks.com to pay any balances and to make sure there is enough money in your student’s lunch account moving forward. If you think you might be a candidate for Free and Reduced Lunch, it’s quick and easy to apply online using a computer or smart phone at myschoolapps.com.
SCHOOL SPIRIT WEEK
GREATER PARK HILL FOOD BANK
GPHC will be continuing the weekend food program this school year, in an effort to reduce food insecurity for students and provide additional nutritional support to help them be successful at school. The program provides a bag of food consisting of two breakfasts, two snacks, and at least two lunch items, including a fruit and a vegetable. Bags will be delivered to Park Hill Elementary on Thursdays for distribution to children on Thursday and/or Friday at the end of the school day.
Every student at Park Hill Elementary is able to participate in the program. We only require a parent/guardian signature on the parent/guardian consent form to enroll in our program. Any family with a student at Park Hill Elementary may opt in or out of the program as they wish.
In addition, in our ongoing commitment to support the Greater Park Hill Foodbank, we will be collecting canned foods and dry goods in a bin located in the cafeteria.
Thank you in advance for your donations!
DIRECT GIVING PARTY / OUTDOOR MOVIE NIGHT – NEXT FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 21
Park Hill Playground – 5pm festivities, music, food trucks, 7:30pm Movie featuring “Sing.”
Direct Giving is one of Park Hill Elementary’s most important fundraisers of the year, and a super fun FREE community event. We are screening “Sing” outdoors and there will be bouncy houses and food trucks aplenty! This is open to everyone in the neighborhood, so please invite your friends, family, and neighbors! Although the event is free and everyone is encouraged to attend, this is the one event of the year where we ask those who are able to, please make a direct donation by cash, check, or credit card. Teachers will have class wish lists, and all donations received that night have an immediate impact as they go directly to your child’s classroom and to additional school resources THIS YEAR.
For more info and to donate, visit iHeartParkHill.com
INDIVIDUAL PICTURE DAY
School Picture Day – October 3 & 4 – Preorder Now!
Precious pictures with preferred pricing: no envelopes to return, avoid shipping fees and get bulk-order discounts by pre-ordering your individual school picture packages now: https://www.parkhillphotos.com/
– 100% picture satisfaction – speedy delivery to your student’s classroom – easy online payment options – 10% of profits donated directly back to Park Hill Elementary.
Denver Public Schools is proud to bring Destination Imagination to our school! Destination Imagination is preparing Colorado’s kids to be the innovators of the future by combining the arts, sciences, and technology with creativity, teamwork, and problem solving.
In order to be successful and offer this opportunity to our students, we require 1-2 adult volunteers to manage a team. On-site and online training is available at all times! If your student is interested in competing this year, please consider co-managing a team! Think your student is interested? Fill out your student’s information here: https://goo.gl/forms/BON4FQRMaqYU0esX2
Visit our website at www.dpsdi.weebly.com
We have received some complaints from our community garden members. As a reminder, parents please do not allow your children to go into the garden unsupervised at any time. This includes before school, after school, and the weekends.
The TAC program is looking for more volunteers on Tuesday afternoons from 3:00-4:10 pm! If any parents/guardians/or friends in the neighborhood would be willing to help young readers grow, please consider becoming a volunteer.
The program will run September-December and have a second program from January-April. If you can join us all year or even for one session of the programming, we would LOVE to have you.
If you would like more information or are considering joining us please email Braden Seward at firstname.lastname@example.org
GIFTED AND TALENTED
PLEASE REFER TO THE COMMUNITY BOARD (ACROSS THE HALL FROM THE SCHOOL OFFICE), TO GET THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION REGARDING EVENTS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, CAMPS / ENRICHMENTS FOR STUDENTS, COMMUNITY MEETINGS, ETC.
- The 40th Annual Park Hill Home Tour & Street Fair is Sunday, September 23 this year. The Home Tour and Street Fair is made possible with the generous help of many dedicated individuals. If you are interested in supporting our neighborhood, and would like to connect with neighbors, please join our team of volunteers.
Volunteering comes with the following perks:
- Special preview of the featured homes on Saturday
- Invitation to the Appreciation Party on Saturday
- A day of fun and community service!
Click here to learn more and sign up! https://www.parkhillhometour.org/volunteer/
- East High School has a newly reformed PTSA, which is hosting TED Talk-like talks called Angel Talksto provide resources for parents, teachers, students and our community. Our first Angel Talk of the year will be two speakers talking about Marijuana, Vaping and Juuling on September 20, 2018 from 7:00-8:00 pm at East High School (1600 City Park Esplanade, Denver, CO 80205) in The Mel Black Box. Please join us!
- The Denver Green School is excited to be applying for the new middle school in the Northfield neighborhood. We have a strong desire to listen to the community so we can be sure their aspirations for a new middle school are heard. Of course, DGS wants to explain the merits of our model as well. With these goals in mind, hereis a website that explains the school and keeps everyone informed on community events. Speaking of events, DGS will be hosting a BBQ at Central Park on Wednesday, September 26 from 3:30 pm – 6:30 pm at the picnic area near MLK and Beeler. DGS will do the same thing on Saturday, October 13 from 11:00-2:30.
- High Tech Elementary has decided to join the recent DPS Call for New Middle Schools in the Greater Park Hill-Stapleton (GPHS) enrollment zone. As an important part of our process to design the best possible middle school option for the GPHS zone, we want to get parent and community input in our design. If you are interested in giving input into our design, please plan to attend one or all of the following meetings:
- Tuesday, September 25th 5:30-7:00 PM, High Tech Elementary, 8499 Stoll Place 80238
- Thursday, October 4th 6:00-7:30 PM, Swigert International, 3480 Syracuse 80238
September 17 – 21: School Spirit Week – see flyer below
September 17: Enrichment Registration Ends
September 18: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm – Fourth Grade to DSA
September 19: 8:30 am – 11:30 am – Third Grade (Shomaker) to Balarat
September 19: 11:30 am – 2:30 pm – Third Grade (Main) to Balarat
September 19: 6:00 pm to close – Restaurant Night Out at Jett Sushi
September 21: 9:00 am – 1:30 pm – Fifth Grade (Ash & Oxman) to Clyfford Still Museum
September 21: Direct Giving Party / Outdoor Movie Night
September 24: Enrichment Classes Begin
September 25: Second Grade to Firefighters Museum
September 26: 9:00 am – 1:30 pm – Fifth Grade (Mills & Cowen) to Clyfford Still Museum
September 26: 8:30 am – 11:30 am – Third Grade (Gates) to Balarat
September 26: 11:30 am – 2:30 pm – Third Grade (Connelly) to Balarat
September 26: 6:00 pm to close – Restaurant Night Out at Jett Sushi
September 27: 10:00 am – Ms. Neale’s Kindergarten class to Dardanos
September 28: 9:30 am – 1:30 pm – Third Grade to DMNS
October 3: OCTOBER COUNT – Official Count Day for School Funding
October 3 – 4: Individual School Picture Day
October 10: 9:15 am – 1:15 pm – First Grade to History Colorado
October 17 – 18: 3:00 pm – 7:30 pm – Fall Parent / Teacher Conferences
October 19 – 23: NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS – Planning / Assessment Days