Park Hill Parents,
As many of you may know, we have a significant amount of sick students home from school and/or being sent home on a daily basis. Illnesses have varied between stomach virus, uncontrolled coughing, and fever (>100) with flu-like symptoms, all of which are very contagious. If your child experiences any of these symptoms please keep them at home to minimize exposure to others. Specifically, we ask that they be free from fever or vomiting for 24 hours before returning.
We encourage each of you to be diligent in minimizing the spread of germs. Although these may be common sense, the following suggestions serve good reminders:
- Stay home when you are sick. If possible, stay
- home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. You will help prevent others from catching your illness. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread this way
- Cover coughs and sneezes. Use a tissue to cover coughs and sneezes, then dispose of the tissue. When a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces or objects. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill. Find additional CDC resources on how to clean and disinfect schools.
- Wash hands for 20 seconds. Washing hands often under clean, running water can help prevent the spread of germs. If you
cannot wash your hands, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60-95% alcohol.
PARK HILL AUCTION
Fabulous Park Hill Auction Winners!!
Congratulations on your recent win of many fabulous items at the Park Hill Auction. Because of your fabulousness, we have raised a record amount of funds for the school.
That said, your non-alcoholic auction winnings are being held in the school office for pick-up. Please come by the Park Hill Office anytime between 7:30 am and 3:30 pm Monday through Friday to pick your items. For alcohol containing winnings you need to contact Leslie Hirsch at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a pickup.
PLEASE REFER TO THE COMMUNITY BOARD (ACROSS THE HALL FROM THE SCHOOL OFFICE), TO GET THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION REGARDING EVENTS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, CAMPS / ENRICHMENTS FOR STUDENTS, COMMUNITY MEETINGS, FAMILY RESOURCES, ETC.
Girl Scout Troop 68346
Come support PHE’s Girl Scout Troop 68346 (first graders) this weekend as they sell cookies to raise money to go camping this summer. This is the first year selling cookies for this new troop. They will be at Safeway at 6220 E. 14th Ave. on Sunday, March 1, from 10 am -12 pm. This will be their last booth for the season. Thank you in advance for your support!
March 2: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm – Ash and Ferguson 5th grade classes to DMNS
March 8: Daylight Savings Time Begins – Turn Clocks Ahead One Hour
March 11: 9:15 am – 2:00 pm – First Grade to Arvada Center
March 18: Fourth Grade Music Concert
Ms. Euser’s & Ms. G’s classes @ 5:30pm
Ms. Strumor’s & Ms. Demos’s classes @ 6:30pm
March 30 – April 3: NO SCHOOL – SPRING BREAK
April 6: – NO SCHOOL for students – Planning / Assessment Day
April 7: Students Return to School from Spring Break
April 9: Classroom and Individual Photos Taken
April 13 – 17 – CMAS Testing (3rd – 5th Grade)
April 28: Fifth Grade Music Performance