Effective Monday, August 24, DPS Food and Nutrition Services began providing weekday curbside service for breakfast and lunch to DPS students. Meals will be available at (87) schools throughout the district Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. In addition, meals will also be delivered to (16) locations throughout the city.
The most current and up-to-date information will be posted at: www.dpsk12.org/food-distribution
As we transition from summer programming to school year programming, please note the following updates/changes:
- Students do not have to attend the school where they pick up their meals, they may get meals at any school that is providing curbside pickup.
- Adults may pick up meals for DPS students and they must provide a DPS student ID, student name and school.
- Weekend meals will no longer be available (USDA waiver not yet granted).
- Adult meals will no longer be free.
- Non-DPS student meals will no longer be free (USDA waiver not yet granted).
- Breakfast meals remain “no charge” for all DPS students.
- Lunch meals may be free if the family qualifies to receive subsidized meals.
- No DPS student will be denied a meal due to inability to pay; however, charges will accrue to their meal account.
- It is important for all families to complete an application for meal benefits at: https://www.myschoolapps.com/