Due to COVID-19 restrictions, ONLY students, Park Hill staff and DPS maintenance staff will be permitted to enter the school. Parents CANNOT enter the building under any circumstances unless approved by Principal Burdette.
Please expect more communication (email, video, virtual Town Hall meeting), from Principal Burdette before your student’s grade level’s scheduled return.
GRADUAL RETURN TO IN-PERSON LEARNING
● October 5: ALL Kindergarten students will be back to school full-time from 8:10 am – 3:00 pm.
– K is back full-time next week, every day – The official school hours are 8:10 am – 3:00 pm
– We will do a slow-roll start each morning between the times of 8:00 am – 8:20 am (same doors)
– We will do a slow-roll dismissal from 2:45 pm – 3:00 pm (same doors) – K Specials will be 8:30 am – 9:10 am (appx)
– K Lunch will be 12:30 pm – 1:25 pm
● October 5 – October 9: All first-grade students start to phase in.
– Gradual Phase-in approach will start Monday and conclude Thursday
– 1/2 the students from each class will come on an A-day, Monday and Wednesday
– 1/2 the students from each class will come on a B-day, Tuesday and Thursday
– The times each day are 8:00 am – 11:30 am – We are NOT doing Specials or Lunch on these days
– Students will enter through the classroom doors (Kelly and Dorsey) and the South doors #13 for Harris and Wiant
● October 12 – October 16: All second-grade to fifth-grade students start to phase in.
New Job Opening for a Paraprofessional
Due to some additional budget support from the District, we are in a position to hire a Paraprofessional (2nd grade – full or part-time). If you are interested (or know of someone that might be interested), please email Principal Burdette directly at Ken_Burdette@dpsk12.org.
Health Office Procedures
When We Are Back In-Person As we look forward to welcoming students back in the building, the following is a reminder for how we will handle any child that becomes unwell during the school day.
If a student experiences any symptoms of illness (described below) it does NOT mean they have COVID-19. It does however, mean that we must implement DPS protocol and ask that they be picked up from school.
Fever (100.4) or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fatigue Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Sore throat Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting Diarrhea
*This list is not all-inclusive. Please consult a medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning. Please DO NOT send a child who has any symptoms to school and PLEASE do not medicate your child to mask symptoms of illness.
Thanks to everyone for your cooperation in keeping our community safe so that we can continue to learn in the school setting!
RN Park Hill Elementary School Nurse
Office: 720-424-4915; FAX 720-424-4935 firstname.lastname@example.org
Office hours: Mon-Thurs 8:00 am – 3:30 pm 2019-2020
We are still awaiting delivery of last year’s yearbook. Covid has slowed down the printing and shipping process. We are hoping to be able to hand them out when all students are back for in-person learning on October 21. If your student is not returning to in-person learning, we will mail yours to you.
YMCA After School Care Registration
Registration for the YMCA can be found HERE. Principal Burdette asks that only those families who truly need (and will use), the before/after school care sign up. Due to limited space, we CANNOT have families reserve a spot as a “place-holder” (to be used in-case the need arises). These spots need to be available for those families who NEED the before/after school care.