Happy Friday Park Hill Families:
Update on Direct Giving
Please watch a short video about the importance of our Direct Giving event and how the funds are used directly to support your child’s grade:
The movie night for tonight has been postponed at this time.
Update on Covid and Health
In an effort to be transparent with our families, please see the information below:
- As of Thursday, 9/30, we had 22 active Covid cases
- Of these 22 cases, 70% were tied to our one 3rd and one 5th grade classes. Both of these classes have been quarantined and on Remote Learning this entire week, and have not been present in the building.
- The other cases are spread out between 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and staff. If this impacted you or your classroom, you would have received communication from PHE.
- The safety measures implemented this week (masks, eating outdoors) seem to be working. We will continue with eating breakfast and lunch outdoors only, weather pending. We will continue to ask adults to wear masks at drop-off and pick-up for at least one more week. Next week, students will not be required to wear masks when outside – that was for this week, to stem the spread of illness.
- We will increase our cleaning measures in the classroom and with our student hand-washing.
I recognize that in a school community of 400+ families, many different perspectives exist. I have had some parents fully agree with the steps we have taken. I have had some disagree. I have had many say they are “in the middle” and will support whatever we decide. In the end, this is about doing what we believe is best for our students and families, fully knowing we will not please everyone.
Thank you for your ongoing supports.
Ken Burdette, Principal
No School for students on October 15th & 18th
Please mark your calendars and make note that students will not have school on Friday, October 15th and Monday, October 18th.
As we have noted in the past few Panther Pages, DPS has updated their volunteer guidelines. All volunteers must register with DPS here. Additionally proof of vaccination is required. Please send copies of vaccine cards to: Ann_Kurth@dpsk12.org
New Family Friendly COVID-19 Webpage Available!
DPS has launched a new, family-friendly webpage to answer frequently asked COVID-19 questions. Focused on the student/family experience, the page includes a range of helpful advice, such as where to get a COVID-19 test, when quarantining is required, and how to isolate an ill family member in a small living space. This resource can also be accessed directly from the dpsk12.org homepage by clicking the green “COVID-19 Guidance” button.
School picture day is Tuesday, October 5th & Wednesday, October 6th. Flyers were sent home last week with your child. You can go online and order now. Mylifetouch.com with your Student’s School ID number or Picture Day ID: EVTJCVWQM. Your child will let you know which day they will have their picture taken.
Kindergarten Field Trip Reminder
Kindergarten has a field trip to Berry Patch on October 5th. Please check out the weather in advance and send your kids with appropriate shoes, jackets.
5th Grade Talent Show
Plans for an outdoor, in-person 5th grade talent show are in the works. Please look for information to come in the near future. Meanwhile, 5th graders are welcome to continue to plan and rehearse their acts.
HGT/GT testing for grades 1,3,4 and 5
The fall testing nomination is now open through October 15. The application is available online at http://gt.dpsk12.org. When you get to the site, scroll down until you see ‘Interested in Magnet Testing?’
This nomination form is for families seeking Gifted and Talented (GT) identification and/or placement at a Highly Gifted Magnet Site. This series of cognitive tests provide us with information for potential HGT or GT identification. Qualifying scores will be put into a body of evidence as 1 data point toward identification. Ultimately 3 qualifying data points are needed for formal identification.
The testing will occur at Park Hill Elementary during the testing window of October 25 – December 3, 2021. Remember the deadline for applications is October 15, 2021.
All kindergarteners and 2nd graders in DPS are given a different HGT/GT test and therefore do not need to apply. Contact Mary Lauth, Park Hill GT teacher, with questions. email@example.com